Monday, December 22, 2008

Holiday Magic

It's just a few days until Christmas. There is no snow, no post card perfect scenery.
I am also not particularly religious and am expecting no presents. So why am I excited? Here the commercial hoopla surrounding the holidays is minimal with very little advertising bombarding you at every turn.
So why, oh, why?
It happens every year. At some point I get excited. Usually just a few days before Christmas. It comes like magic whether I'm ready or whether I want it or not. I long to talk to everyone I know. Alas, the remnants of my family are scattered across the globe.
No matter. Christmas comes. For me it is a time of joy, of hope. More than other holidays it is a happy time. I wish everyone joy and peace, a full belly and hope for the new year. Wherever you are, alone or with friends and family, celebrate in your heart. Let your love for life shine through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello lovely lady. I felt that sense of joy for xmas from being away in a picturesque small town where there was no advertising, just some decorations put up the week before xmas and some mulled wine and music and snow. and of course so exciting to get back to leila girl.
love